Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Simple Foods at their Best

The other night I prepared a quick dinner for my family with all fresh ingredients (excluding the pasta...that's my next challenge). Our first course consisted of baby portobello mushrooms sauteed in garlic, onions, olive oil, and white wine, and seasoned with salt and pepper.

Our main course was tomato and basil pasta. For this dish I sauteed onions and garlic in olive oil, and then tossed in cooked pasta, fresh grape tomatoes, and fresh basil. Each serving was then topped with a generous amount of freshly grated asiago cheese.

Dinner also consisted of broccoli that had been sauteed in olive oil, a fresh baguette, and white wine.

Fresh ingredients, simply prepared, and amazingly tasty!

My next challenges, however, aren't so simple: homemade pasta and pizza dough. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment