Monday, January 3, 2011

Pancakes for a week!



Whenever I have more time than usual in the morning, I make pancakes for the week. It's one of my son's, Mason's, favorite dishes (oatmeal tops his fav. list of breakfasts, then creme brulee french toast, and pancakes come in third). This morning I used the new BeaterBlade I bought for my KitchenAid standing mixer, though I realized for pancakes it wasn't really necessary. A wire whisk seems to do just fine. I'm posting my recipe for whole wheat and oatmeal pancakes, and don't forget to toss out your maple syrup flavored corn syrup. The REAL stuff is much better and you'll use much less.




Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Pancakes:


(This recipe yields 4 to 5 hand-sized pancakes. See picture. Note: Mason and I ate one of the pancakes from the stack for breakfast. I've also listed the ingredients in the order of which I mix them together, rather than by quantity of each used.)



2 c. milk
1 c. oats
2 eggs
2 T. honey
2 t. vanilla
1 c. whole wheat flour
4 t. baking powder
1 T. ground cinnamon (or experiment with your favorite spice)
optional 4 T. ground flaxseed
I don't think I need to go on about how to cook pancakes so I'll leave it at that. Like I said, it makes 4 to 5 hand-sized pancakes. After we've eaten, I let the others cool and wrap them in plastic wrap and seal them in a freezer bag. See picture. Put freezer bag in (yup, you guessed it) the freezer, and when you're in a hurry for breakfast, take 1 out and microwave for a minute. Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. These Pancakes are the bomb digity and lil Mase G and I love em'!!! :)

    ReplyDelete